If you are interested in becoming part of our award-winning market, there are a few things you need to have in place before we can approve your application.
- We require each stallholder to have public liability insurance of £5,000,000. This costs less than £60/year and can be purchased online.
- If you are a food stall, you need to have a good Environmental Health Authority rating. This can be obtained by applying through Taunton Deane Borough Council, or your own local council. It will involve an inspection of your food preparation area by an EHA inspector, and a discussion about your food hygiene procedures. (You can find guidance on this at https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance)
- You will also need a level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate. Again, this can be obtained online, and is inexpensive. You can find a course to obtain a certificate at www.highspeedtraining.co.uk.
- We require each stallholder to submit a risk assessment.
- All our businesses must normally be located within 30 miles of the market and the stalls must be attended by yourself, a family member, or an employee involved in making your products/produce. (See our Rules and Criteria in the application pack for further details)
- Before we approve an application, even if you have met all the above criteria, we would like to meet you. This means a trip to visit us during market hours (Thursday 9 am – 3 pm, High Street, Taunton) and gives you the opportunity to see the market and assess if it is right for you, and for us to do the same with you.
Ready to apply?
You can find our application pack under the ‘Join Us’ tab.